We are a cutting-edge, software company based in Zurich, Switzerland in search of an independent and open-minded individual able to design and implement mainframe migration solutions on our Linux-based, Software Defined Mainframe (SDM) for enterprise customers throughout Europe.
We are looking for high-caliber, technically-minded people accustomed to working in large organizations with CIOs and above.
The Migration Solution Architect will be a senior technical member of a Client Services implementation team. This individual will be responsible for the oversight and direction of solution design and take an active, multi-disciplinary governance role on mainframe software services migration projects. This will involve formulating the solutions for a project, oversight of design, development, and testing, as well as successful implementation of the solution. This candidate is responsible for the creation and management of various architectural artifacts – including but not limited to solution documentation, software artifact designs, technical training materials and implementation architecture best practices. The candidate will be responsible for the oversight and governance of various technical team members throughout the course of a client implementation – including working closely with Technical Managers, teams of developers and analysts along with onshore and offshore testing teams.
The Solution Architect will have oversight and leadership responsibilities within the Solution Architecture team – aiding in the governance and review of all solution architecture documentation, providing mentorship to other Solution Architects. This activity includes ensuring that best practices are followed and that there is a consistent high-quality design for our clients. The senior role will also participate in pre-sales engagements acting as the senior technical client services representative aiding the Sales team. Additionally, this candidate may have responsibilities spread across multiple client engagements and thus must be able to manage their time and workload accordingly.
This position will involve travel to client locations during the analysis, design, development and implementation phases of the project to establish trusted relationships across the collaborative implementation teams.
10+ years’ experience in designing, building, migrating, and implementing mainframe business solutions which will include using newly developed technology. Significant experience in transitions/migrations and implementations; requirements definition and deployment related to mainframe information systems.
- Consulting experience – preferably implementing mainframe software and data conversion activities (required) which includes strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience in full project lifecycle covering large scale mainframe systems or vendor package implementations in a consulting environment. Candidate must have a background in management and client-facing consulting
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Understanding of design techniques for achieving a high-quality solution architecture
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team structure
- Ability to make judgments on architectural trade-offs between competing requirements
- Thorough understanding of mainframe enterprise software architecture, internet technologies, IT systems, and infrastructure
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented software principles
- Experience designing and developing high-performance applications
- Experience working the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Expertise in estimating, planning, and managing solution architecture of projects
- Strong understanding of project management principles and processes
- English mandatory. Fluency in French, Spanish or German a plus
If you are interested in this challenging position where you can have a major impact on the development and integration of SDM, please send your CV (pdf format) by email.
HR / Office Manager