We are a cutting-edge, software company based in Zurich, Switzerland in search of an independent and open-minded individual able to design and implement mainframe migration solutions on our Linux-based, Software Defined Mainframe (SDM) for enterprise customers throughout Europe.
We are looking for high-caliber, technically-minded people accustomed to working in large organizations with CIOs and above.
The System and Support Administrator will serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for LzLabs’ complex infrastructure. In this role, the individual will recommend the redesign and configuration of operating systems and applications, investigate and analyse the feasibility of system requirements and develop system specifications. They will report directly to LzLabs; head of infrastructure.
- Very good knowledge with Linux
- Experience with networks (routers, switches & firewalls)
- Good Windows skills
- Virtualisation knowledge
- Broad general IT knowledge
- Scripting knowledge is a great advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with cloud providers is a plus
- Experience with Apple clients is an advantage
- Three years work experience in the design of IT infrastructure, scripting and support
- Communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing
- Successful candidates will need to feel comfortable working in high paced, fast changing startup
- Managing the day-to-day operations, system monitoring, system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair
- Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired
- User support / troubleshooting / administration
- Maintain our global VoIP platform
- Monitoring system performance
- Working closely with external providers
- Developing new systems and implementation plans
- Establishing, maintaining and managing users (Unix-, Windows and cloud accounts)
- Developing procedures, programs and documentation for backup/storage solutions
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical services
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV (pdf format) by email.
HR / Office Manager