LzLabs GmbH and its affiliates (“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Our Site, giving us a business card (or similar), visiting our premises or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use Our Site or subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with Our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number; information about your business relationship with us; and information about your professional role, background and interests.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- if you exchange emails, telephone conversations or other electronic communications with our employees and other staff members, our information technology systems will record details of those conversations, sometimes including their content;
- Some of our premises have closed circuit TV systems which may record you if you visit our premises, for security and safety purposes
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to operate, manage, develop and promote our business and, in particular, our relationship with you or the organisation you represent (if any) and related transactions;
- with your consent where required, to provide you with information about our goods and services which we believe you will find relevant and interesting;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to operate, administer and improve Our Site and premises and other aspects of the way in which we conduct our operations;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to protect the security of our premises;
- to protect our business from fraud, money-laundering, breach of confidence, theft of proprietary materials and other financial or business crimes;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and bring and defend legal claims.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may from time to time review information about you held in our systems – including the contents of and other information related to your email and other communications with us – for compliance and business-protection purposes as described above. This may include reviews for the purposes of disclosure of information relevant to litigation and/or reviews of records relevant to internal or external regulatory or criminal investigations. To the extent permitted by applicable law these reviews will be conducted in a reasonable and proportionate way and approved at an appropriate level of management. They may ultimately involve disclosure of your information to governmental agencies and litigation counterparties as described below. Your emails and other communications may also occasionally be accessed by persons other than the member of staff with whom they are exchanged for ordinary business management purposes (for example, where necessary when a staff member is out of the office or has left us).
We will only process your personal information as necessary so that we can pursue the purposes described above, and then only where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes. In exceptional circumstances we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information. We will tell you, when we ask you to provide information about yourself, if provision of the requested information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or, on the other hand, if it is purely voluntary and there will be no implications if you decline to provide the information. Otherwise you should assume that we need the information for our business or compliance purposes (as described above). If you are uncertain as to our need for information that we request from you, please contact the representative asking for the information, or Contact us (see below), with your query.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site;
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets;
- If LzLabs GmbH or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of LzLabs GmbH, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or outside Switzerland, including countries which do not offer the same level of protection as Switzerland or EEA countries. We will ensure that any transfers are carried out in accordance with applicable law, including, where applicable, being governed by data transfer agreements, designed to ensure that your personal information is protected, on terms approved for this purpose by the European Commission.
Retention and deletion
We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it. Specific information about our record retention policies is available on request. Please Contact us (see below).
Note that we may retain some limited information about you even when we know that you have left the organisation that you represent, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if and when we are in contact with you again, representing a different organisation.
Article 8 of the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”) gives you the right to access information held about you. For exercising your right of access, please contact us under the e-mail address given below.