Bring your mainframe assets to new platforms where innovation is possible, without the fear of business disruption.
More agility to respond to customer demands, more speed in bringing new offerings to market, and more freedom of choice in how you work now and in the future.
Unlock your applications
and supercharge your investment.
Welcome to a world where mainframe applications and data align seamlessly with your organization’s innovation initiatives. With SDM, you can:
Reinvigorate critical assets.
Leverage your team’s vast experience and application knowledge on a modern platform of your choice, enhanced by open source and cloud tooling.
Reinvent testing & development.
Reduce testing cycles significantly, enjoy faster development and testing speed, and deploy products and services swiftly.
Rediscover your competitive edge.
Rather than living in isolation, information flows freely through your organization so you can respond to customer demands rapidly and become more agile than ever before.
Unlock with minimal risk.
Transform your most valuable assets, piece by piece.
Accelerate your IT and deliver what your business needs, when it needs it.
Pick and choose which mainframe applications to migrate to new environments of your choice with no need to recompile, transcode, or rewrite. By thinking big and starting small you can unlock the value in your applications and lay the foundations for future transformation.
Other applications can continue running on the mainframe, minimizing business disruption and reducing the moving parts. This approach delivers the lowest-risk migration option on the market.
- Speed up your migration from mainframe to modern systems, in the cloud or on-premises.
- Reduce migration risk through binary rehosting and incremental migration.
- Enact meaningful change with zero disruption from day one.
It works. It really works.
You need to have the courage, and you have to face a change project, but it works. Go for it”
— Markus Tschumper, Head of General IT Services, Swisscom
Embrace the flexibility to transform and modernize faster and more efficiently. You can decide what to change in your applications rather than having to go back to square one.
Take back control of your transformation journey by using open-source tools now at your disposal to operate, monitor, and manage applications.
- Modernize whichever applications you want to change.
- Apply the power and agility of modern development tooling to maintain mainframe applications efficiently, in environments familiar to developers.
- Test and deploy new applications rapidly – improving time to market.
Enable your mainframe and Linux development teams to collaborate closer together, test more and earlier, and learn mutually beneficial skills.
Discover more about LzWorkbench.
Leverage the freedom to deliver functionality at the pace your business needs and scale applications and workloads as required. Remain agile and pull ahead of your competition.
- Become truly agile by managing critical applications using modern DevOps pipelines.
- Drive business change by transforming applications, piece by piece, into new services to support your innovation initiatives.
- Enable mainframe applications to interoperate seamlessly with modern interfaces, helping you deliver the experiences your customers want, at a speed they expect.
Find out how to turn your mainframe assets into enablers for your business.
So, how does it work?
Product data sheets.
Many organizations that continue to depend on the mainframe for their enterprise applications use the DB2® RDBMS for their mission-critical data. LzRelational provides support for relational schemas using PostgreSQL, an open-source RDBMS.Find Out More
LzBatch™ Data Sheet
Many organizations continue to depend on the mainframe for batch job processing. This traditional method of overnight workload remains a key component of many existing mainframe applications.Find Out More
LzOnline™ Data Sheet
Online transactional systems are a significant component of many organizations’ legacy mainframe applications. The power of today’s x86 platforms and cloud deployment models give companies more modern choices for their transactional systems.Find Out More